BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 5, 2010

School a.k.a Hell

School was always supposed to be students' second home. A place for education, a place for making new friends and also a place to enjoy ourselves. Unfortunately, all these seems to be disappearing as time goes further and as I'm growing up.

I still remembered kindergarden, the first time I stepped into my school, so eager and anticipating to make new friends. It was the most memorable two years there. Then it was primary, making new friends and making a stronger bond with old friends. Discovering myself, being a prefect, all these was fun but there are times that were hard.

Then, came secondary, still in the same school. Form Two, at the end of the semester, prefects' came into APD 1 to asked if anyone was interested to be a prefect. Votes were taken, and I was one of them who got chosen. I was between two decisions then, to be or not to be. I remembered vividly when I first entered secondary and said to myself I would spend the last 5 years of school as a normal student, for once. But I wanted the credits, see what you get when you're greedy?

So, I took the offer. Probation was fun, and when we were inaugurated, it was just the tip of the iceberg. The moment we said the oath, we had to fulfill it. But I did not sign up for all the shit that woman set up.

Enough with the pressure from every teacher who expects us, 3 Ungu to get straight As for PMR, enough with the pressure from 'people' who wants perfection and good results although they do not show it. But no, that woman just had to make our lives more miserable and devastating.

As if we prefects do not have enough pressure, she came up with new rules, with her new style. I do agree we prefects are the mirror of the school, the role models of the school that upholds the name of the school. But, that does not in any way to me, means we have to be perfect, as it is impossible.

I don't know what other prefects think but to me, I deeply regret for joining the board, no offence to anyone. I've always thought it was fun and challenging, but I was wrong. I've gotten myself into more trouble and pressure that I can ever imagined.

I could shed as many tears as I want, curse as much as I want. I can't change the fact that I'm a prefect and is suppose to be upholding the school's name. I can't, like everyone else put on a mask and be who I'm not. I can't be as disciplined as the others, I've always been the odd one out.

So, I'll just have to endure it then. But sooner or later, I shall resign.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Read your post and sorry but just have to comment. Do not resign. No one said being a prefect was the world's easiest job. I don't know how it's being run now but stick with it. You got chosen out of many so that proves that you're worthy for it. I had my fair share of pressure and high expectations and if I can survive, so can you. Juggling studies and duties is freaking hard but take it as a challenge and face it with pride. Because you're stronger than you think. You're not meant to be perfect, you were meant to do your best. BOP can be like a family to you, only if you know how to cherish it like one.

Sorry if I had no right to comment here since I don't know you that well but I really enjoyed my life as a prefect and I hope that you will too.. Eventually. Be optimistic and take joy in what you do. Sometimes, the bright side of life is not presented very clearly but look hard enough and you'll see it.